Sunday, October 09, 2005

Wherever I may roam

What a beautiful city is San Francisco!!! A lot of fun here... It`s one of that places that requires a whole holiday to discover and enjoy... I`m really sad to leave but I must go, my bus pass is expiring very soon and I wanna move South, even if I`ll be back here next month! By the way, today it was Columbus Day (an american-italian holiday in memory of Cristoforo Colombo) and there were parades all over the city: colorful and funny!!! Moreover, it was the "Fleet week" with the Blue Angels acrobatic team all day long high in the sky. I had also an interesting visit to City Lights bookstore, which was starting point of beat generation and first editor of the main writers... But San Francisco is also the hometown for Metallica, and in my mind I cannot stop thinking about this song that`s perfect for what I`m living now:

...And the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
so in her I do confide
and she keeps me satisfied,
gives me all I need.
And with dust in throat I crave
only knowledge will I save
to the game you stay a slave
Rover... wanderer...
nomad... vagabond...
call me what you will.
But I`ll take my time anywhere
free to speak my mind anwhere
and I`ll take my find anywhere,
where I lay my head is home.
And the Earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown,
under wandering stars I`ve grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one.
And my ties are severed clean,
the less I have the more I gain,
off the beated path I reign...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home