Saturday, September 24, 2005

The spirit of Klondike

What a beautiful day I`ve had today in Whitehorse! In the morning I`ve walked to the downtown where I`ve seen the historical "SS Klondike" steamboat and the MacBride Museum of Yukon. Then I`ve taken a shitty bicycle from the hostel and I`ve headed to the Miles Canyon. It has been a wonderful sunny day and what a gorgeous trip I had on the quiet gravel roads along the Yukon river!!! Maybe I`m a dreamer, but is there something cooler than wandering around such an historical river (even one of the longest of the world) on a bike, just with the northern wind singing for you? The canyon has been remarkable and from there I`ve also had a short hike to Canyon City, which was a settlement in the goldrush era, while now is still possible to see all the rusty cans that pioneers ate... Charming. And I`ve taken a photo to a miner statue which has a sign dedicated to "all those who follow their dreams": that`s the true spirit of Yukon. Pioneers came here searching for gold, but it doesn`t matter whatever you do or wherever you are: keep on searching, man, maybe you`ll find your own Eldorado...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home