Friday, September 16, 2005

Heading North

I`m in Talkeetna, a little cozy village built by pioneers and starting point for all the expeditions to Mount McKinley (the highest mountain in North America). I arrived here today, getting a lift in a motorhome from a kind german couple met in Anchorage. This is the "other"Alaska, far away from that bloody city which is Anchorage. This is the wild one, where nature rules and forests are endless... It has been a rainy day, but it wasn`t so heavy to stop me: just some waterproof clothes and I was ready to take a bike to discover this area. I wandered around the trails along the river Talkeetna and Susitna, and even if it`s cold (it`s going below zero...) the powerful colours of fall are really stunning... while the golden trees over my head make me feel like a king... Well, I gotta go: one more tea, then I`m gonna sleep on the coach of the hostel (more than an hostel is a private home... I`m alone with the whole house just for me!!!). Why on the coach? Easy, it`s cheaper than a bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home