Thursday, September 15, 2005

News from the last frontier

This State looks similar to Norway, with higher mountains and more wilderness areas. Being in a such ourdoor sports heaven is great for me, but unfortunately I had to change some plans for this trip in Alaska due to bad weather and the wrong equipment for this season. By the way, in these days I enjoyed many sights in Anchorage, I`ve seen northern lights turning green the sky and I rented a bike to ride into forests searching for mooses or bears as well... no luck!!! I cycled the Tony Knowles coastal trail too, which was pretty cool and yesterday I hitchiked to Portage glacier for a 1 hour cruise in front of it. It has been quite expensive but it definetely worth a visit. To go there I`ve got a lift from Amanda - a cute girl from Frisco, living actually in Alaska - and for the way back I met Gustavo, a kind guy from Milwaukee with whom I also took the cable car in Girdwood to Alyeska Resort, for an unforgettable view of the valley. Today it was raining lightly and I`m thinking to move North soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home