Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Travelling to Norway

First day in Norway has gone!!! I landed on a little airport near Oslo at 12,30 am and I cycled for more than 50 km under a beautiful sun. What a surprise to begin a cycling tour on a bike, in the plane I've flown with the whole Italian mountain bike professional cycling team, travelling to Norway for Lillehammer's world championship (...and I've been a lucky charm for them, Dario Acquaroli has won the bronze medal)!!! Beside me took a seat the 1998 mtb world champion Huber Pallhuber... but I've recognized him only some minutes later!!! Obviously I've taken a photo with him; when I ran mtb competitions he was considered something like a god and now he's the technical director of the national team. Talking with him about the plans for my tour of Norway he was very surprised (especially when he saw the heavy luggages...) and it's a funny story 'cause I had to explain him about the organization of the trip and distances... Well, it's always nice to teach something on bikes and having compliments from a mountain bike world champion!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home