Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rocky Mountains high

Hi there! After my last post I`ve done many miles, and I`m fastly reaching South. Northern landscapes are amazing but is getting too cold now and I`m tired of rainy and foggy days! Well... I spent a night in Banff - a lovely mountain town and I decided to reach Jasper along the parkway road, through the Banff and Jasper National Parks. That one is considered the most scenic drive of the all Rocky Mountains, so I couldn`t miss it!!! Because of the bus connections lack, I decided to get a lift but before I had to walk few km out of Banff under a light snow. I took a ride from an Australian guy to an highway junction, where I had to wait for a lot of time... When I was quite completely frozen by a chilly mountain wind, I`ve got a lift from Al Horton - a very kind guy working there for the parks. He has been thw very best guide for me, tellin` me everything about thr parks and driving me directly to Jasper, after some visits to the amazing Lake Louise, Moraine and Pejto (which they`re not on the main road). I was really impressed about those mountains, I expected great sceneries but they`ve been too much... unforgettable... More than 250 km in a valley looking like Dolomites, surrounded by huge mountains with incredible colours: the turquoise of lakes and rivers, the yellow of trees and the snow... Then, to end such a beautiful day, nothing`s better than eating nachos and drinking beer in lovely Jasper. Thanks Al!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home