Monday, October 17, 2005

Where are we heading?

Nobody knows where we`re heading in our lives; about myself I don`t even know where I`m heading on this journey... infact from Tucson I had a little detour from my plan to Salt Lake City (Utah) and then to Denver (Colorado), where I`m actually writing from. Besides home of the 2002 Winter Olympic games, Salt Lake City is the world capital of mormon church and it has been really interesting learning about their beliefs, visiting the ancient Temple Square - the place where the first mormon settled the city - and all the other historical sights. Actually mormons are nearby 12 millions all over the world, they believe in Jesus and the main difference to the Christian religion is that they have a living prophete (which is actually also the president of the whole organization...). I don`t wanna post comments about religion: everybody is free to believe what they prefer and I cannot say if something is right or wrong. But let me notice (and I`m surprised of it!) how some religions here are structured more as a business than a "spiritual healing" community. In L.A., Scientology members were offering on the streets free "happiness tests" or free leaflets how to live and enjoy a better life. Remarkable - I thought - these guys wanna make the Earth a paradise! Then I noticed how the Scientology logo were always well hidden and how they were so interested in getting your personal information. Another fake messiah is just waiting for the paradise of its pocket... Everybody should visit the mormons headoffice building, it`s a huge skyscraper you`re expecting for Wall Street Stock Exchange more than a church!!! By the way, today I wandered around in Denver and I went in Larimer Street too. Does anybody know why I went there? Send me your answer, if it`s the right one you`ll win a free Scientology test...

2 Comments:

At 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apple videos create a compensation dustup
When Apple Computer unveiled its video iPods last week to much fanfare, it also announced a deal with Disney to offer up broadcasts of popular television shows through its iTunes store.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a

herbs to increase fertility
site. It pretty much covers herbs to increase fertility related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:03, Blogger A. said...

hei "doctormatteo", i hope you're still hanging on there in the midle of Mexico! It was a real fun ride with you and I am looking forward to your next post on this blog!
Greets from Monterrey,
Andrea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home