Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mission completed!

I've arrived today in Guanajuato, a beautiful town not far from Mexico City, considered the best colonial city in the whole Americas. This was the reachest Mexican city in the past, and 20% of all the world silver was extracted from here. Moreover, yesterday I crossed the Tropic of Cancer, I've come a really long way from the Arctic Circle to here but the mission is officialy completed... By the way, for that occasion yesterday I also had a great dinner in a just-for-locals tacqueria: I spent a little bit, about 12 dollars, but I ate 2 Alambres with meat (which means more than 12 tortillas...), 2 tacos, 1 quesadilla and 2 Coronas... It's useless to say I also had some mezcal as it's useless to say the night was fulfilled by nightmares... Well, I gotta go now; there's an international festival here, and all the town is a big party... Let's go!!!

1 Comments:

At 04:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, two days from Guanajuato now be careful not to end up in Guantanamo. take care in your trip and think of us poor friends back home working our ass off while you travel around. our envy is high only because we didn't have the guts to do it ourselves when we were Doctor. take care of your brother as well that is joining you soon in Vegas (time to go back, lazyjack!!) and we have a few cerveza cool and ready for you when you come back (or we'll all join you). Cheers from Madrid (cannost stay too much in the office nowadays....).
bye
Federico

 

Post a Comment

<< Home