Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Viva Mexico, cabrones!!!

Two regional buses and a thrilling overcrowded stinking bus among crying children and indios (plus a military stop searching for money or drugs...) brought me to Durango, where I had a stop over to see the city. Plaza des armes and its cathedral is nice but the most exciting thing for me is looking at all the cowboys. They're everywhere, seems to fall into a John Wayne's movie!!! I continued the way South to the beautiful Zacatecas, an ancient colonial city where I've discovered the pleasures of "Mezcal" (a sort of rough tequila: 1 litre for 1 dollar!!!) and the great taste of "Alambre" (is not a drug but a food!) suggested to me by some Mexican guys that also offered me a cerveza. Wow... all these writing is getting me hungry now... it's time to go eating and having some booze!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home