Sunday, October 23, 2005

Among cowboys and indios

...And I arrived in Creel, a little mountain town - at 2400 mt high - near the Copper Canyon area. My original plan was to take the train to Los Mochis but checking out at tourist info I knew there were better trips to do (I'm always scheptical about Lonely Planet suggests on train trips: I was in Norway and there was the most scenic train route in the world, in Alaska the best trip by train in the world, and in Mexico? Barranca del Cobre they say is the most impressive train route in the world... But I had already experienced that train trips cannot be panoramic as a car road and they also don't give you a chance to take photos). So I joined a group of cool guys I've been lucky to meet there (Andrea from Germany, Soeren from Denmark, Maria & Jussi from Finland and Will from Usa: thanx you all, see u soon in Europe!!!) that were renting a jeep to drive through Barranca del Cobre and Sierra moutains. What a wonderful sceneries and what a great road that was!!! For the paved part of the road I stayed in the open rear side of pick-up; even if not so comfortable I really enjoyed it! I loved to taste the Mexican warm sun upon my skin and the wind blowing to my hairs with an electric blue sky surrounding all over me... When the road became dusty and dumpy I entered the jeep to look at the amazing views on the way to Batopilas - a quiet and cozy mining town settled in the middle of mountains (and in the middle of marijuana fields too...). Here is where Tarahumare indios live; I've seen many of them and I cryed to have left at home the proper lenses for taking good photos to their colorful clothes and people. Not too bad, next time!

3 Comments:

At 16:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian Williams: U.S. military deaths in Iraq
The Daily Nightly began on May 31, 2005. As Brian wrote in his first post it aims to provide a narrative of the broadcast day and a window into the editorial process at NBC Nightly News.
This is the first time I have read a Blog like yours.! Enjoyed the posts.

Looking for deep cycle battery or batteries? I enjoy batteries and talking about deep cycle battery, batteries and related stuff.

Take a break and visit sometime :-)

 
At 10:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

---
What's up Matteo? Nice blog. It was fun chillin' on the Batopilas trip. You were crazy to be in the back of the truck for so long.

Take Care,
-Will

 
At 16:38, Blogger A. said...

thanks to you cool italian for joining us!
it's so cool to read about your adventures :-) keep on writing! and travelling of course...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home