Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hasta luego Mexico, see ya soon!!!

2600 km, 40 hours of bus and an endless number of military checkpoints later, I arrived in Tijuana, close to the Californian border. It's time for me to leave Mexico, but I really enjoyed my time among Mexicans. It's also incredible thinking how many preconcepts there are on certain countries. Asking infos about Mexico all around the US, I was scared to travel here: almost everybody told me it's a very dangerous country for tourists as it's easy to be assaulted and killed too... But I've experienced a different reality, people has always been friendly to me and I've never felt unsafe. A guy I met in Alaska said that "Americans tend to be scared for everything"... I don't know who's right, from Guanajuato I could see the shape of "Cristo Rey" - the geographical centre of Mexico: for this time I've just seen Mexico's heart, next time I'll try to touch its soul.

1 Comments:

At 08:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ma de' incomincià a lavorà nu ce pensi proprio!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home